Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make POS scalable ?

By
Marc Cassuto
on 7/26/13, 10:49 AM 2,298 views

In my test, I just load 10000 products without any picture or ean13 code. I am running openERP & POS browser on the same computer (4-core i7-3520M @2.90GHz - 8Go RAM); it takes the POS 1 minute and 11 seconds to load...

This is very long for non-technical persons whom usually expect computers to work immediately.

The system is simply not scalable :

• imagine a bookstore with 300 000 products;
  • imagine different remote stores...
  • imagine a big store with tens of cashier

How to make POS scalable ?

I know that it's really slow when you are trying to load tons of products, but it's because the POS it's made to work offline too. So it takes a lot of time trying to load everything on the client browser.

Maybe if you have more images and products it's not going to load, but it's because the client browser and the size of LocalStorage.

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 7/26/13, 11:35 AM

As of v7, POS does not store product data in LocalStorage, it reads it on each start from server. Only transaction data is stored offline.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 7/26/13, 1:58 PM

Thierry Godin

--Thierry Godin--
| 8 7 8
Collegien, France
--Thierry Godin--

Thierry Godin
On 7/26/13, 1:57 PM

If that was my case, I 'd go with making several POS with distinct categories of products.

This way, each POS loads only their products. But you have to load each POS in its own browser's tab (if it's possible)

I haven't tried it for now, but maybe it's a valuable way.

Best regards

I do not think this is a valid solution. Most stores have centralized POS where you can checkout all purchases in one receipt, not a dedicated POS for each section.

Mohammad Alhashash
on 7/26/13, 2:02 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/26/13, 10:49 AM
Seen: 2298 times
Last updated: 4/13/15, 2:02 AM