This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi all, I am doing one of my own module.

I have several menu item in my view. I want to make one of the menu item a hyperlink point to a specific URL.

I have no idea how to do this... Currently all menu items views are done with something like tree, form, kanban...

What I want is when click a menu item, it will jump to another page.

Thank you all!

Discard
Best Answer

You could assign an action of type ir.actions.act_url, like:

<record model="ir.actions.act_url" id="action_google_url">

<field name="name">Open google.com</field>

<field name="url">https://google.com</field>

<field name="target">new</field>

</record>

use it normally in a menuitem like:

<menuitem parent="menu_parent" id="menu_google_url" action="action_google_url"/>
Discard
Author

@Axel Mendoza, Thank you! This is exactly what i want. Sorry i don't have enough karma to comment your answer. BTW, could you tell me where may I find those APIs or methods like your answer? I did't find any Odoo document that is convenient to check.

I use source code review and examples as my primary source of documentation. Also those are stuffs learned through years of using OpenERP and Odoo

Author

Strangely, the string "Open google.com" inside field "name" is not shown in the menu... instead it shows the id of menuitem without "_". Do you have any idea?

No clue but you could set the string attribute for the menuitem

Author

string attribute doesn't work as well...

Author

finally i set a name attribute for menuitem and it works! Thanks bro!

Author Best Answer

@Axel Mendoza, Thank you! This is exactly what i want. Sorry i don't have enough karma to comment your answer.

BTW, could you tell me where may I find those APIs or methods like your answer? I did't find any Odoo document that is convenient to check.

Discard