Odoo Help

How to make menu item a hyperlink?

By
Xia Sun
on 4/7/16, 8:43 AM 719 views

Hi all, I am doing one of my own module.

I have several menu item in my view. I want to make one of the menu item a hyperlink point to a specific URL.

I have no idea how to do this... Currently all menu items views are done with something like tree, form, kanban...

What I want is when click a menu item, it will jump to another page.

Thank you all!

Axel Mendoza
On 4/8/16, 12:33 AM

You could assign an action of type ir.actions.act_url, like:

<record model="ir.actions.act_url" id="action_google_url">

<field name="name">Open google.com</field>

<field name="url">https://google.com</field>

<field name="target">new</field>

</record>

use it normally in a menuitem like:

<menuitem parent="menu_parent" id="menu_google_url" action="action_google_url"/>

@Axel Mendoza, Thank you! This is exactly what i want. Sorry i don't have enough karma to comment your answer. BTW, could you tell me where may I find those APIs or methods like your answer? I did't find any Odoo document that is convenient to check.

Xia Sun
on 4/8/16, 12:43 AM

I use source code review and examples as my primary source of documentation. Also those are stuffs learned through years of using OpenERP and Odoo

Axel Mendoza
on 4/8/16, 1:07 AM

Strangely, the string "Open google.com" inside field "name" is not shown in the menu... instead it shows the id of menuitem without "_". Do you have any idea?

Xia Sun
on 4/10/16, 3:43 AM

No clue but you could set the string attribute for the menuitem

Axel Mendoza
on 4/10/16, 4:52 AM

string attribute doesn't work as well...

Xia Sun
on 4/10/16, 10:09 PM

finally i set a name attribute for menuitem and it works! Thanks bro!

Xia Sun
on 4/10/16, 10:36 PM
Xia Sun
On 4/8/16, 12:42 AM

@Axel Mendoza, Thank you! This is exactly what i want. Sorry i don't have enough karma to comment your answer.

BTW, could you tell me where may I find those APIs or methods like your answer? I did't find any Odoo document that is convenient to check.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/7/16, 8:43 AM
Seen: 719 times
Last updated: 4/8/16, 12:42 AM