Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make cron for running schedulers?

on 2/17/15, 7:08 AM 1,050 views

Hi guys,

I was wondering.. What is the correct/best way to automaticly let a scheduler run every xx time?
The scheduler 'Run Schedulers' under the Warehouse module should be triggered automaticly every 1 hour for example in place of clicking manually on it.

So what is the best way to trigger this and make this an automated task that executes every xx time?

Edit: It seems that the method procure_calculation is triggered when you manually click on 'Run Schedulers' after clicking on the menuitem 'Run Schedulers'. So I assume I should trigger the method procure_calculation in my custom module in a cron job? But how should I do this?

Unknown error when sanitizing

on 3/23/16, 3:39 AM

| 5 4 7
Lodz, Poland

On 2/17/15, 7:49 AM

In Settings/Automation/Scheduled Actions you find Run mrp scheduler. Activate it and set the repetition time. In multicompany environment see this issue and warning in this answer.

Thanks Zbik! Accepted this. I'm only wondering one thing.. Why is it by default set to non-active? Is there a reason for that?

on 2/18/15, 3:28 AM

By default, the JIT scheduler is installed and the system will try to check the procurement immediately when it is confirmed. If this would give performance issues, it is possible to uninstall this and enable cron.

on 2/18/15, 3:42 AM
Tomasz Leppich
On 2/17/15, 7:44 AM

Do you need the autoscheduler to run every xx time? If you just want to have it in the same time install the Procurement_JIT module Just in Time. You'll find it in settings > Warehouse > Generate procurement in real time 

Thanks for the answer Tomasz but sadly the cron should execute every xx time and this shouldn't follow the JIT time!

on 2/17/15, 7:47 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 2/17/15, 7:08 AM
Seen: 1050 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM