Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make changes in openerp source code

By
Omid Rezvani
on 8/21/13, 11:34 AM 1,739 views

Hi,

I made some changes in the source code of openerp (for example: 'openerp/openerp/addons/web/static/lib/datejs/en-US.js') but nothing changed in the view of openerp. So, should I compile it's source code? How?

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 8/21/13, 4:10 PM

Hello,

Just change it and restart the server.

If you change js and css you only have to refresh web_browser If you change .py, whithout changing model definition, just restart server if you change .py (model definition) and .xml, restart server with --update option:

update all modules

oe -d your_database --update=all

update some mods only, mod1,mod2,mod3 can be account,sale,project

oe -d your_database --update=mod1,mod2,mod3

Be carrefull ! you have t refresh your browser cache to be sure to have last version of js and css files after restarting your server.

i made changes on the file openerp/openerp/addons/web/static/lib/datejs/globalization/fa-IR.js but nothing was changes.

Omid Rezvani
on 8/24/13, 7:17 AM

Oh god! My browser was caching for a million years although I pressed ctrl+f5 a thousand of times. BTW, Thank you.

Omid Rezvani
on 8/26/13, 8:51 AM

Ok, so it is ok for youi now ?

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 8/26/13, 3:24 PM

Yes, that's it.

Omid Rezvani
on 9/15/13, 4:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/21/13, 11:34 AM
Seen: 1739 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM