Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make and monitor a project pre calculation

By
Erwin van der Ploeg
on 6/4/13, 1:10 PM 991 views

For a project we often make a pre calculation of all needed materials and hours. The calculation mostly results in totals per group (Total hours per function type and total materials per location).

Based on this calculation we make the quotation to the customer. The quotation only consist the totals and not the underlying calculation details. After we get the order of the project, we want to use the quotation as base reference.

We invoice bases on fixed price. Mostly in percentages of the whole quotation (this can be done in standard OpenERP)

So we want to see the pre calculation of the project, compared with the real costs on the project. The comparison is viewed on totals, but we must be able to zoom in on the details.

Can someone advise how I can set this up, or if I need custom development for this. Or maybe some custom modules are already there?

I do not think that this is really possible in OpenERP - For sure there are contracts (created for every project) and you could link a couple of quotations to a single contract which in fact may be some "work around" for your issue - when you finish the project you could compare all the initial quotations with the invoices to have a comparison of what was planed and what was really billed.

Michael Karrer
on 8/5/13, 5:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/4/13, 1:10 PM
Seen: 991 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM