Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make Account Receivable and Account Payable fields not mandatory

By
Victor Godayer
on 11/19/13, 10:46 AM 6,053 views

Hi,

I've installed the addon "eInvoicing & Payments". Since then, I'm not able to create customers without giving an "Account Receivable" and an "Account Payable".

I've checked out another question on this topic (on this site but i dont have enough karma to post links). In the other question it is replied "These are property fields, which you can make non-mandatory by a simple inherit.", but it did not help me to find the way to do such a thing.

I've taken a look in "Technical -> User Interface -> Views", trying to find these property field, but I could not find anything.

Any help will be much appreciate! Cheers VG

Open Net Sarl
On 11/19/13, 2:32 PM

Hello,

If you have installed the 'eInvoicing & Payments' module, I guess you want to do accounting.

Account Receivable and Account Payable will be required as soon as you will invoice them.

If the fields are empty, it's means that you are missing a default value for them.

In the developper mode, you have on top of the form a drop down menu. In this menu you have an option 'Set default' Use it to automatically fill the fields.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, when i get the box 'set defaults', I can't define default value for the fields "Account Receivable" and an "Account Payable". Should I make any change in the code ?

Victor Godayer
on 11/20/13, 10:22 AM

You need to populate the fields on the form before using 'set defaults'. If you don't populate the fields on the form with the defaults you want, 'set defaults' won't work.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 11/20/13, 4:39 PM

Cheers, that made it.

Victor Godayer
on 11/21/13, 4:01 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 11/19/13, 7:39 PM

You cannot make them non-mandatory.

These fields are required because you will not be able to process invoices or payments without them.

You can only create default values for them (as explained by Open-Net Sarl)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/19/13, 10:46 AM
Seen: 6053 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM