Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make a sortable many2many list view ?

By
Nicolas Clavier
on 5/11/16, 11:35 AM 574 views

This has worked before (OE6.1), clicking on a list view header used to sort the table data by that column. 

How does one set a many2many widget to be sortable again (in v8) ?

Thanks for your time.

MouBou
On 5/12/16, 7:16 AM

Hello Nicolas ,i don't know how to sort many2many field i'm working to solve that ,but have you used 

the _order in your class to chose with which field your records will be sorted 

class YourClass(models.Model):

_name = 'your.class'

_order = 'date_release desc, name'

name = fields.Char('Title', required=True)

date_release = fields.Date('Release Date')

this will sort the records first by default from newer to older and then by title

Hi, thanks for your input, but this consists in static sorting. The question is about dynamically sorting a m2m list within a form.

Nicolas Clavier
on 5/12/16, 9:21 AM
Cidex
On 5/11/16, 12:01 PM

Hi Nicolas,

in my Odoo V8 installation this works. I tested in the products > List view > Click on the header Name it will sort me the results.

Where do you experience this problem ?

Thanks

Hello, I built a form view with a many2many field, no particular widget in the view (default), points to res.partner, and no sorting ! I tried othe widgets (one2many / one2many_list, ...) to no avail.

Nicolas Clavier
on 5/11/16, 1:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/11/16, 11:35 AM
Seen: 574 times
Last updated: 5/12/16, 7:16 AM