Odoo Help

How to make a record readonly without editing all forms?

By
Raffaele
on 3/3/15, 8:47 AM 786 views

Hallo

I need to make some calendar.event records read-only, according to values in a custom field.

Is it possible to do that without modifying the forms?

Can I override showing the "Edit" button?

You can set the access rights for that model, by giving only the read access to users right? Otherwise you need to inherit the view in your custom module and using 'attrs' attribute, set the required fields as readonly

Akhil P Sivan
on 3/3/15, 8:58 AM

Thank you Akhil. I was trying to avoid marking each field with "attrs" since there are many; I'm trying overriding fields_view_get but the custom fields are not accessible from within the method.

Raffaele
on 3/3/15, 10:03 AM

Hi,, You want to make a field read-only and its value depends on another field,, am I correct???

Baiju KS
on 3/3/15, 11:38 PM

Hi Baiju, I need to make the WHOLE record readonly, according to a value in one of the fields. And I would prefer to avoid overriding each edit form.

Raffaele
on 3/4/15, 2:43 AM

any updates? I am looking solution for the same case.

jianxin
on 1/21/16, 4:43 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/15, 8:47 AM
Seen: 786 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM