Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to make a print preview after pressing print button?

By
Vikram
on 8/24/13, 3:26 AM 2,026 views

I want make a print preview after pressing print button in sales quotation form and no need to generate a pdf? Is there any module for this operation or any configuration is there?

Dear friend why don't you use web_pdf_preview web module. when you click on print this will pop your print view.i hope this will help you.have a nice day.

George Vincent
on 10/19/13, 2:54 AM

I installed and tried. But couldnt get.. I try with Chrome and firefox.. nothing get preview....

Vikram
on 10/19/13, 6:14 AM
Jose Calle
On 12/15/13, 4:25 PM

It is not possible in a clean way through configuration, you need a module that modifies the behaviour of openerp reports to be inline. There are two options:

• https://github.com/buke/openerp-web-pdf-preview-print I think this is the best option as it works all the time, the caveat is it launches a separated window like a popup (then you require to accept popups).
  • https://www.openerp.com/apps/web_pdf_viewer - This is amazing as it shows the pdf in the work area of openerp (no need to open a new tab or a new window) but at the moment doesn't work at all times, some reports are just downloaded instead of displayed (I dunno why).

BR

Andres Calle

www.trescloud.com

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/24/13, 3:26 AM
Seen: 2026 times
Last updated: 3/29/15, 10:51 AM