Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make a new save button?

By
Laura Intan
on 7/10/13, 7:17 AM 3,046 views

Beside the save button at the top of the form, I want to put a save button in the bottom of the form, but I don't know what button name (action) should I use because i don't know where to access the top save button at the page header.

Help me,

thanks

Yug Faa
On 7/10/13, 11:11 AM

Yes you can define a new save button

On header put this :

<header>
<button string="Save" type="object" name="save"/>
<header>

On save method on python object put this

def save(self, cr, uid, ids, context):
    return True

You can return in place of True a window action with the actual ID, if you want to leave the edit mode.

Can I just use existing save method? Do you know what method they are calling to save a form, especially for a project form? I really appreciate your help. Thank you

Laura Intan
on 7/11/13, 2:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/10/13, 7:17 AM
Seen: 3046 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM