Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Atul Arvind

--Atul Arvind--
| 3 3 5
India
--Atul Arvind--

Hello, 

I am odoo Enthusiast/Consultant from Baroda, Gujarat, India. Working with odoo from v5 to v9 and other opensource technology since 4+ years. Having Strong Expertise in

Requirement gathering & Gap Analysis

Odoo Development

Odoo Customization

Odoo Training

Odoo Integration

Server Administration

Odoo Migration

Implementation

I am also active on StackOverflow.

or 

Atul Arvind
On 2/16/15, 2:10 AM

Hello Mohit,

Kindly go to the Setting > Configuration > General Setting 

in that you will find General setting for Authentication 

Use external authentication providers, sign in with google, facebook

check it and click on apply & log out with your account & refresh the page.

now again go to the Setting > Configuration > General Setting 

you will find

Allow users to sign in with Facebook

mark it checked. 

create a application on facebook from https://developers.facebook.com/apps and get the app ID.

paste the your application id to textbox you will see after text: Now copy paste the client_id here:

and then click on apply.

that's it. next time when you login you can see the link to login with facebook.

Hope this helps.

i tried but i am getting this error: Given URL is not permitted by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not permitted by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Nikunj Nakum
on 12/14/15, 6:10 AM
Bruno Matthys
On 3/9/15, 5:39 PM

To avoid our applications to be open to redirect attacks Facebook requires a "Valid OAuth redirect URI".
I have tried https://domain.com/auth_oauth/signin but it doesn't work. (when I remove it it works). This is vital, does anyone know?

thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/16/15, 1:58 AM
Seen: 1529 times
Last updated: 12/13/15, 1:11 PM