Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to log a lead to customer based on "email_to" field if email is from a colleague?

on 7/19/13, 7:52 AM 619 views

I would like to change the logic used to create a lead for my particular situation.

I have several users set up on the ERP system (all working at my_company). I also have customers set up. If a customer emails one of the sales staff a lead is created (which is great). However, sometimes someone from a different department (for example operations) at my_company might email the customer, and this needs to also be stored against the lead/opportunity.

What I was hoping to do is have the operations member of staff email the customer, but copy in the sales person (or perhaps a generic erp@my_company email address) such that the email is collected and logged. However, in this case the system creates a lead based on the "email_from" field so it appears that there is a lead generated against a member of staff at my_company.

I was wondering whether there might be a solution whereby if the "email_from" field is a member of my_company then the system instead logs the lead against the recipient of the email.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/19/13, 7:52 AM
Seen: 619 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM