Odoo Help

How to log a lead to customer based on "email_to" field if email is from a colleague?

By
Lawrence
on 7/19/13, 7:52 AM 803 views

Hello,

I would like to change the logic used to create a lead for my particular situation.

I have several users set up on the ERP system (all working at my_company). I also have customers set up. If a customer emails one of the sales staff a lead is created (which is great). However, sometimes someone from a different department (for example operations) at my_company might email the customer, and this needs to also be stored against the lead/opportunity.

What I was hoping to do is have the operations member of staff email the customer, but copy in the sales person (or perhaps a generic erp@my_company email address) such that the email is collected and logged. However, in this case the system creates a lead based on the "email_from" field so it appears that there is a lead generated against a member of staff at my_company.

I was wondering whether there might be a solution whereby if the "email_from" field is a member of my_company then the system instead logs the lead against the recipient of the email.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Lawrence

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/19/13, 7:52 AM
Seen: 803 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM