This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all,

I need to make my first product inventory in Odoo v7.

Is there any way I can load all products in the system so I can manually count them and enter the right quantities on each product?

When I use the "Fill Inventory" button, I can only see the products that have positive or negative quantities. I cannot find a way to load the products "with zero quantity". I have lots of products with zero quantitie and load them one by one is very time consuming.

Thank you very much

Regards

Paulo

Discard
Best Answer

You can load new products (with 0 quantity) by the import mechanism.

Open the Product menu (left pane), then click on import.

The data (names of products) to import need to be in a text file (extension csv) preparedby a spreadsheet app (excel or libreoffice); the only field needed is the "Name" (one column).

The parameters of the csv file are UTF-8, and a ", " as separator. Make sure the names of the products do not include a ","

I recommend you to make a test with a csv file containing one or two products to import; if it works correctly them import all your other new products.

• in addition to the above

see also https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-import-quantity-on-hand-59983

You need to first create an inventory item; then export it to a csv file.

Second: export the list of products with zero qty.

Add to this product.product file the columns of the inventory file (the first one created); This should form a final file where you will change the quantities per products. Save it and import on the product screen.

Discard
Author

Dear Ab, the products are already in the system. The problen is that those products have 0 quantity and I am unable to "load" them into the physicall inventory. I need a way to load all products with 0 quantity onto the inventory system. The "fill inventory" option only works with products with quantity higher or lower than 0 on a particullar location.