This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi community,

I want to set a limit number (if not once) to print a document (sale order, invoice, ...) and set up rights to a responsible who can print the documents even if the limit number is ecxeeded.

In the worst case i will have to do a specific development for that.I'm hoping that there is another way to do that.If not, could you please share your experiences or some ideas ?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

I think this approach is the wrong one.

Potential problems with this approach:

• If the printer spills toner or ink all over the page (but doesn't run out) - the single print 'worked' but is unusable.
  • If the paper in the printer was reused and already has something printed on it - the single print 'worked' but is unusable.
  • If they print to a virtual PDF printer - the single print 'worked' but they can print more copies
  • If they have a scanner or a copier nearby - the single print 'worked' buy they can copy/scan and print more copies.

What is the problem you are trying to solve, or behavior your are trying to prevent?

Discard
Author

Thank you for your answer.

Well, there is an addon for the 7.0 version that doesn't allow the documents to step in the files system.It sends the datas directly to the printer without the possibility of changing or copying it.

They want to give the right to a group of responsabile users who can print the documents more than once even if there is a printer issue (paper or ink ... ) so that they can controle the number of copies printed for integrity reasons.

Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answer.

Well, there is an addon for the 7.0 version that doesn't allow the documents to step in the files system.It sends the datas directly to the printer without the possibility of changing or copying it.

They want to give the right to a group of responsabile users who can print the documents more than once even if there is a printer issue (paper or ink ... ) so that they can controle the number of copies printed for integrity reasons.

Discard