Gustavo Argentina

--Gustavo--
| 2 2 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo Argentina
3/15/13, 9:46 AM

how did you install BeautifulSoup? You should install it with pip or easy_install. Doing so it will be available for your OpenERP installation

3 Comments
ton123 Netherlands
3/15/13, 11:45 AM

Thanks for this advice. But for some reasons it is difficult for me to install via pip or easy_install. Because I think BeautifulSoup is an HTML/XML parser which only need to be put in the right directory I copied BeautifulSoup,py to the directory. In an earlier OE installation I did the same and it worked ok.

Mark Teunissen Netherlands
9/8/13, 2:02 PM

Python 2.7 is correctly installed with easy_install (on Windows 2008 server with OE 7.0), but the external dependency error still exist... Is there not a normal installation procedure for account_banking?

Mark Teunissen Netherlands
9/8/13, 2:09 PM

I have excluded the external dependency and installed account_banking correctly afterall, but then the POS module doesn't work anymore.... EduSense Please create a good installation description...

Beat Besmer Switzerland
12/12/13, 3:57 AM

pip install beautifulsoup (version 3 NOT beautifulsoup4)

if you don't have pip, install it via apt-get install python-pip

pip helps in handling python-packages. why manual decompress, look for folder, copy, undo-because-wrong, repeat-again... if you can save time (o.k. not always, but sometimes)

2 Comments
Beat Besmer Switzerland
12/12/13, 3:57 AM

if this helped, please vote or close question, if not: write back. thank you

ton123 Netherlands
1/3/14, 2:24 PM

I can't use pip. This is because I make use of a Synology NAS. This NAS do not have theis possibility. And I also can't apt-get ..... on this NAS.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
2 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now