Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to know the cause is a bug?

on 3/27/13, 6:01 AM 1,153 views

In most situations when I have problems with openERP it is very difficult for me to identify if I am doing something wrong or if there is a bug in the system.

I think this is the same for al lot of people in the community.

Apart from the fact the system has a very big functionality the main reasons for me are:

1. Documentation of the system is not in sync with the system.
  2. I can't find my way on launchpad for good checking of functionality and listed bugs.

On this forum I see also others with issues and cry for help. The next thing is people try to help them (sometimes not) or the question is closed with the remark: "This is a known bug, see launchpad." I hope the question will be re-opend and answered when the bug is solved.

I feel the need of some more guidence for this bug finding / problem solving.

Any help on this?

On 3/27/13, 10:21 AM

A good first step to take is to try to reproduce your issue on runbot. If it is reproducible it is most likely a bug; that at least narrows it down a bit.

Thank you, I have visit it. But I do not understand anything of this. I do not know what I can do there. I am not a programmer ....

on 3/27/13, 11:14 AM

Click "connect" on the version of OpenERP you use - then login using admin/admin and you can then make any changes to that instance. You do not need to be a programmer.

on 3/27/13, 12:19 PM

Thank you. This is a good start! But I can only connect to very recent versions. I use a version of a half year old. And I even don't know how to find out which build I have installed. I see only Version 6.1.1 . How to retrieve the build number? How to connect to runbot version of this old version?

on 3/27/13, 4:15 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 3/27/13, 6:01 AM
Seen: 1153 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM