This question has been flagged

Is there an additional module or a toggle that needs to be set for variant products to actually use the variant price rather than the product template sale price? 

Version 10 community - Variant prices (Product Template Sale Price + Attribute Price Extra) are correctly listed on the view: sales/product variants in the sale price column, but when the variant product is put on a sales order line item the price is discounted to the product template sale price.

On the website the attribute price extra is shown with the variant selection but when it is selected the product price does not change to the variant added price.  But when a variant product is added to the cart the variant added price shows but is discounted to the product template sales price.

I have Sales/Settings/Pricing set to Advanced pricing based on formulas.

I have the price list set to: show public price & discounts to the customer.  If I set it to: Discount included in the price then the variant products price shows as the product template sale price (already reduced).

There must be something that needs to change since the variant prices are all being computed correctly (as shown when looking at the variants) but the product template sale price or the price list price is overriding the template price.

Any help appreciated.

Discard
Author Best Answer

SOLVED

Apparently, you must use the sales setting - advanced pricing based on formulas in order for variant pricing to function correctly.  But in addition you must edit the price list and change each product to use formula and save. When you have changed all the products in the list to reflect use formula don't forget to save the price list, because even though you saved each product as you go if you don't save the price list before you exit you will lose all of the saved changes.

I may have had this issue because when I set up my products originally I was using "Specific prices per customer segment" and listed the prices per product on the product template page (i.e. Retail, Wholesale, Distributor, etc...).  This may have created the fixed price selection on the price list.

Discard