Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to keep track of products produced in batch but sold in various package types.

By
Chaiwuth Limpanitivat
on 8/27/16, 11:13 AM 202 views

Considering the  following scenario,

• My company produced Ink and Ink is produced in batch, for example, White Ink are produced 1000 kg, at a time.

• They are packaged in various bucket sizes and quantities for sale, for example,

• 1 kg x 30 buckets +

• 7 kg x 10 buckets +

• 15 kg x 10 buckets +

• 30 kg x 20 buckets +

• some 150 kg left are not packaged at the manufacturing time. But they can be packed into bucket later depending on stock level of each standard (1, 7, 15, 30 kg) bucket.

My goals are

• To keep track of

• available quantity overall (so, how much White Ink left overall),

• available units left of each standard  (1, 7, 15, 30 kg) bucket. 

• available unpackaged ink

This is so I can construct manufacturing route later on. Such as, when (7 kg bucket < 2 units) AND (15 kg bucket < 3 units) AND (unpacakaged ink <50 kg), then MANUFACTURE another 1000 kg batch

• I want to show the unit in sale order and invoice as "kg" only.

So when my customer want 15 kg bucket + 7 kg bucket, I want to put manually:-

White Ink - 22 kg @ XXX $ 

instead of
    White Ink (15 kg bucket) x 1 unit @ YYY$ and
    White Ink (7 kg bucket) x 1 unit @ ZZZ$

I mean, I wanna show in invoice price per kg, not price per bucket unit.  

Is this really possible, can someone please give me a hint to achieve these requirements?

Keenmeng Lew
On 8/29/16, 1:23 PM

Have a look at product variants and using separate BoMs for your bucket sizes. You can keep the ink in bulk and only package them out based on requirements.

KM

Thank you!. I never thought of using variants. Used to think it's only for separating attribute like color, size, etc.. only.

Chaiwuth Limpanitivat
on 9/2/16, 11:11 AM

Good luck! I hope it helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

KM

Keenmeng Lew
on 9/2/16, 1:04 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/27/16, 11:13 AM
Seen: 202 times
Last updated: 8/29/16, 1:23 PM