Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to keep record change history?

By
Jonatan Cloutier
on 4/16/13, 5:10 PM 979 views

I'm adding a version approbation to the document_page (wiki) module, but I'd need to change the history management of the module. Currently, it simply create a copy of a page in a page history table each time the page is change. This make it hard to interact with the history to show a preceding version (an approved one) or to revert to an older revision.

So, I thought I'd like the page object to be a simple pointer (a one2one relation in concept I know we must use many2one) that would be related to the actual revision (the last one or the last approved one). But when a user edit the page I want them to edit the "history" record where I can create the new revision on save without problem.

Is it possible to edit a related record (historyPage) when clicking on the edit button of the root record (the page)?

Any other solution to achieve the original goal would be great as well.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/13, 5:10 PM
Seen: 979 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM