Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to invoice tasks? [Closed]

By
Eric
on 2/20/14, 2:50 PM 2,497 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 02/20/2014 23:25:06

Hello, I have a project with some tasks that need to be invoiced so we can bill the customers. Right now I have the timesheets setup and all employees track their time by entering their work on the task line items. After the timesheet is approved, then I go to Sales->Invoicing->Time & Materials to Invoice, and select the items that need to be invoiced. Then I click on the "More" button, then the "Create Invoice" option, When the Create Invoice window pops up, and I click on the red "Create Invoices" button, then I get this error message:

Analytic Account Incomplete!

Contract incomplete. Please fill in the Customer and Pricelist fields.

Now I did create a contract for the customer and also have the customer set with a pricelist, so Im not sure what else I need to do here. Does anyone know what I need to do? Thank you for your help

Eric
On 2/20/14, 7:42 PM

Ok, it looks like I figured this one out. The message I was getting was because I didnt setup the project with its related contract. This is what you can do to set it up

Step 1: Go to Projects, switch to tree view, then select the project you want to invoice from the list. Or create a new project if one doesnt exist

Step 2: In the Project form view, complete all your fields that are needed, then look at the right of the form view. You will see a message saying, "To invoice or setup invoicing and renewal options, go to the related contract: Projects / your project name."

image description

Step 3: Click on the link and it will take you to the contract for that project.

Step 4: On the contract page, click edit, then enter the right information. Note- My error was because there was no customer or pricelist entered on this contract for this project image description

Once you have the contract configured correctly, then you can go back and invoice the tasks.

Step 1: Go to Sales -> Invoicing -> Time and Materials to Invoice

Step 2: Select the items to invoice for your project

Step 3: Click on the More button, and select Create Invoice

Step 4: Then click the red Create Invoices button

Now you're done

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/14, 2:50 PM
Seen: 2497 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM