This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Is there any way or module in openerp to integrate openerp with SAP or SAP with onpenerp ??

Regards Mihir Shah

Discard

Strange question! Could you elaborate on your objectives for such integration!

Completely puzzled:O

Author

Dear libitom i just want to konw the procedure to integrate openerp with SAP. Is is possible or not ? and if yes is there any module available for it .....or have to follow some step to integrate it

Best Answer

ANY business system that offers integration points can be integrated with OpenERP.

OpenERP integration points:

• External basic - shared files in folders - ftp, csv, scripts to move files and import/export files
  • External smart - ETL (Extract, transform and load) which is more automated

• Database basic- via JDBC or SQL for example

• Database smart - via libpq/lua, Perl, Python, TCL, and PL/pgSQL over PostgreSQL to programatically interact with tables and/or create and access stored procedures
  • Application level basic - via XML-RPC webservices or scripts - supports data and process integration

• Application level smart - intra-communication (ESB notifications/mediation/asynchronous) or inter-communication (EAI front end/federation/synchronous ) - supports data and process integration

Since OpenERP is 100% open source - you can modify any part of it to work with any other system it makes sense to.

Discard
Best Answer

Yes, you can integrate OpenERP with anything, including SAP but, no a Module is not the best way to do it.

You're entering the realm of Enterprise Data Integration, and there's a whole set of tools to achieve that, ranging from custom development to ETL tools or even SOA/ESB.

Personally I'm doing something similar (not with SAP) and I am using Penhaho Kettle ETLs for the data integration processes. You can have a peek at some of the techniques I tried here.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dear

May be it's helpful for you

http://www.zbeanztech.com/blog/connecting-openerp-and-sap

Discard