Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to integrate SAP and openerp??

mihir shah
on 10/10/13, 12:34 PM 3,410 views

Is there any way or module in openerp to integrate openerp with SAP or SAP with onpenerp ??

Regards Mihir Shah

Strange question! Could you elaborate on your objectives for such integration!

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 10/10/13, 12:38 PM

Completely puzzled:O

umer farooq
on 10/10/13, 12:43 PM

Dear libitom i just want to konw the procedure to integrate openerp with SAP. Is is possible or not ? and if yes is there any module available for it .....or have to follow some step to integrate it

mihir shah
on 10/11/13, 3:42 AM
Walid Redwan
On 5/31/16, 5:10 AM

Hi Dear

May be it's helpful for you

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 10/10/13, 7:01 PM

Yes, you can integrate OpenERP with anything, including SAP but, no a Module is not the best way to do it.

You're entering the realm of Enterprise Data Integration, and there's a whole set of tools to achieve that, ranging from custom development to ETL tools or even SOA/ESB.

Personally I'm doing something similar (not with SAP) and I am using Penhaho Kettle ETLs for the data integration processes. You can have a peek at some of the techniques I tried here.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 10/10/13, 7:14 PM

ANY business system that offers integration points can be integrated with OpenERP.

OpenERP integration points:

• External basic - shared files in folders - ftp, csv, scripts to move files and import/export files
  • External smart - ETL (Extract, transform and load) which is more automated

• Database basic- via JDBC or SQL for example

• Database smart - via libpq/lua, Perl, Python, TCL, and PL/pgSQL over PostgreSQL to programatically interact with tables and/or create and access stored procedures
  • Application level basic - via XML-RPC webservices or scripts - supports data and process integration

• Application level smart - intra-communication (ESB notifications/mediation/asynchronous) or inter-communication (EAI front end/federation/synchronous ) - supports data and process integration

Since OpenERP is 100% open source - you can modify any part of it to work with any other system it makes sense to.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/10/13, 12:34 PM
Seen: 3410 times
Last updated: 5/31/16, 5:10 AM