Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to integrate Paypal in Odoo 9

By
Michael Kershner
on 8/30/16, 2:26 PM 336 views

I have setup a business Paypal account and everything on that end is ready. I am looking to do two things and can not figure out how to integrate it with Odoo. 

First, I want to either have a button on my website or on invoices sent from Odoo, where customers can click and put in their credit card info and pay the invoice. Quickbooks does something like this and it is very easy to pay an invoice this way with them. You do not have to sign up for an account either, which would be great too. Is this possible without much customization?

The other thing I am looking to do is be able to take credit card payments over the phone. I do not have a store front or ecommerce, so I won't be swiping cards almost ever. I will take credit cards on only about 5-10% of my business, but it could be large orders over $5K or more sometimes.

Does anyone have any advice or documents to read to learn how to integrate Odoo easily. I know its possible, but the Odoo user doc did not explain it well.

Thanks so much for the help, I will read those links and start figuring this out. Is there any difference with how to incorporate Paypal or Stripe? Just curious, because I saw that could be integrated too and its just another option.

Innovate Illuminate, Michael Kershner
on 8/30/16, 9:37 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 8/30/16, 7:28 PM

Assuming v9.0e

This is all possible out of the box, without customization.

Read the doc: http://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/accounting/receivables/customer_payments/paypal.html
Read this post: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/can-customers-approve-sales-orders-and-quotations-via-the-portal-103667

1. For your first question, use online quotations. The client will receive an email with a button to pay the quotation. You don't have to create a paypal account to pay by credit card on paypal.

2. For your second question, just click on "Preview" or "View Online" from the quotation and follow the steps by yourself when you have the client over the phone. You will just do the same as what he would have done if he had clicked the button in his email. You don't need to install Odoo Ecommerce or Odoo POS for this, you just need Odoo Website because this uses the frontend.

Michael Kershner
On 9/18/16, 2:02 PM

Does anyone know how to do a Paypal button that can automatically take the amount invoiced in that email and put the button in the email, to allow credit card payments? I don't have the website app and so can't do what was suggested above.

RichWashington
On 9/20/16, 5:26 AM

I'm not so sure that it is the same issue. The current scenario has not been reproducible on Odoo hosted servers. However, having said that, anything is possible...

Additionally, I raised this with PayPal. Based on the analysis from their logs, the notify_url parameter with value "http://localhost:80/payment/paypal/ipn" is being passed with the transaction to them. Hence, this has overwritten the IPN URL set in the PayPal profile.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/16, 2:26 PM
Seen: 336 times
Last updated: 9/20/16, 5:26 AM