Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Integrate NodeJS with ODOO ?

By
Lerner
on 7/24/15, 1:51 AM 430 views

Is it possible to do backend with NodeJS by avoiding Python in Odoo?

Don't downvote please

INSTEAD OF DOWNVOTING GIVE YOUR COMMENT PLEASE MY KARMA IS GETTING DOWN.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 7/24/15, 2:16 AM

What does it mean "doing backend", I do the twist sometimes. Odoo offers an API to access its ORM, you can access it from whatever you want.

Besides the dubiousness of the question itself, you could have found out easily yourself if you would start reading the docs. So next time you'll get a downvote from me again.

Hi Ermin Trevisan , Actually Iam Java end-to-end developer. I know about ORM and its possibilities too. But I have got a requirement to avoid python ORM , and replace with Javascript if not I need to replace Phyton ORM with NodeJs.

Lerner
on 7/24/15, 2:41 AM

You don't buy a boat, if you need a car. Odoo is Python for the backend and nodejs, less and javascript for the frontend. So what do you want to achieve???

Ermin Trevisan
on 7/24/15, 6:42 AM

Ermin I get your point but, really ? NodeJs for the front ? I am a totally newby to Odoo, it is so big. OdooStudent what I see is: the problem is if you replace odoo's ORM then you are cutting half of the boat.

Oliver
on 7/24/15, 11:28 AM

At least you have to install nodejs for the website builder to run.

Ermin Trevisan
on 7/24/15, 11:32 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/24/15, 1:51 AM
Seen: 430 times
Last updated: 7/24/15, 2:18 AM