Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install v6.0 on windows with sources?

By
pfe2013
on 3/14/13, 8:22 AM 822 views

Hi, I want to install Openerp-server (6.0.3) on windows with sources. I have already downloaded all python packages; but when I execute file openerp_web.py I have this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\web\openerp-web-6.0.3\openerp-web.py", line 15, in <module>

start()

File "C:\web\openerp-web-6.0.3\openobject\commands.py", line 78, in start

cherrypy.engine.start()

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\process\wspbus.py", line 184, in start

self.publish('start')

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\process\wspbus.py", line 147, in publish

output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy_cpserver.py", line 90, in start

ServerAdapter.start(self)

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\process\servers.py", line 53, in start

wait_for_free_port(*self.bind_addr)

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\process\servers.py", line 251, in start

wait_for_free_port

raise IOError("Port %r not free on %r" % (port, host))

IOError: Port 8080 not free on '0.0.0.0'

can someone help me?

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--
| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 3/14/13, 4:15 PM

Hi,

log said : "IOError: Port 8080 not free on '0.0.0.0'"

you have an other progrmam which are using port 8080 on your machine (have you an idea ?). change port in your openerp web conf file, restart and retry with url:new_port.

Bye

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/13, 8:22 AM
Seen: 822 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM