Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install two oe server in ubuntu?

By
Peter Seng
on 2/27/13, 11:36 PM 2,709 views

hey brothers. Can I ask a question to you : I want to set up two vertion oe in my ubuntu server. One for demo , and one for test. But I don't know how to configure the second oe. Can I have new a postgresql user for the second to solve the problem...And where can I change the 8069 port to other... I don't want to mix up my server, so I ask it first!

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 2/28/13, 5:45 AM

It's pretty straightforward to have multiple OpenERP servers running on the same machine. The trick is, as you already noticed, to have each one listening on a different port.

Using distinct listening ports

To set the port used by a server instance, start it with the option --xmlrpc-port=<port>. This can also be done in the configuration file, if you are using one (i.e. starting the server with option --config=<myconfig.conf>).

Using distinct database roles

There is no need to setup different Postgres instances ("clusters") for this. I would recommend you to use just one, and properly manage the different roles and databases inside it.

It's not required, but I find it to be a good practice to create a distinct role for each instance you'll be using. E.g:

sudo su -c "createuser --createdb --no-createrole --no-superuser openerp-test" postgres

And then, when starting the server add the option: -r openerp-test.

thank you for your answer.It's inspiring~~!!! I have solved it...I am a freshman for openerp...

Peter Seng
on 2/28/13, 7:23 AM

If this solved your question you can mark is as correct (just under the voting arrows).

Daniel Reis
on 2/28/13, 8:02 AM

additionally,you should change the code in /etc/postgresql/9.1/main/pg_hba.conf to # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only the md5 --> trust

Peter Seng
on 2/28/13, 8:58 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/28/13, 4:44 AM

I also have two OpenERP server running on the same machine. I have the following setup:

• different locations for the OpenERP code. (e.g. /opt/openerpA, /opt/openerpB)
  • separate PostgreSQL clusters (create a new with pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data <dbname>), the 2nd cluster also has another port (e.g. 5433)
  • you then also have two PosgreSQL config dirs!
  • for the 2nd OpenERP server you should also have a separate config-file
  • Things to consider in the config: DB-connection parameters, change port to e.g. 8085
  • separate start script for 2nd OpenERP server
pks
On 8/25/15, 6:31 AM

can you give me the codes for that, i am little bit confused about it. I was already installed odoo , is it possible to install the odoo again in different port??

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 11:36 PM
Seen: 2709 times
Last updated: 8/25/15, 6:31 AM