Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install Python modules on Windows for Odoo

By
Chaaya Chares
on 1/21/16, 10:09 PM 990 views

I am trying to install ESC/POS and i get a message that some pythin modules could not be found. I downloaded those modules (LIBUSB1, PYSERIAL, and QRCODE) and installed them using the command line python -m pip install xxxxxx, which works fine, using python 2.7. But this makes no difference for Odoo. Python2.7 is installed under c:\ folder while Odoo is installed under c:\program files (x86).

The question is how do you make Odoo recognise the installed packages under Python?  Do I need to copy the installed package folder to the c:\program files (x86)\odoo9\server\ folder? I did try but I got a different error: No module named serial. Note that I have copied the folder "serial" from python to odoo, and still the same error.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Charles

Jose Vasquez
On 4/27/16, 12:36 PM

Hi

I used the pip install, when using windows

You find it in "https://sites.google.com/site/pydatalog/python/pip-for-windows"

I hope to help you, regards.

anis
On 4/27/16, 12:23 PM

Same problem with me. with usb.core it pass  i just copied usb folder from c:/python to server folder under odoo foder. but get stuck with serial module.

Help

Same problem with me. I'm stuck with two Odoo third party modules because of this. I really think there should be some "official" concern about those developers who are using Odoo for Windows, rather than the "change to linux" attitude.

Guys in Odoo! Help!!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/21/16, 10:09 PM
Seen: 990 times
Last updated: 4/27/16, 12:36 PM