Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install OpenERPv7.0 on Ubuntu 10.04

By
Chris Lynch
on 2/8/13, 12:52 PM 4,143 views

Hi,

I am trying to install OpenERP 7.0 on Ubuntu 10.04. All notes I have found on the Internet Apply to Ubuntu 12.04. I've followed those notes and each time it fails to find the web client, all my paths etc are correct. The issue seems to be that a required package python-unittest2 is no available on Ubuntu 10.04.

Has anyone managed to install it on this version of Ubuntu?

mamak111
On 2/11/13, 9:03 AM

check out theopensoucerer.com

Marius Marolla
On 3/12/13, 8:32 PM

I've solved adding this PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:chris-lea/python-unittest2

and it worked.... :-)

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 2/8/13, 2:14 PM

Keep in mind that you will need to add the addons option to your openerp command, it will look like this:

--addons=sources/addons,sources/openerp-web/addons

Or if you use a config file add the following lines : addons_path= <sources>/addons,<sources>/openerp-web/addons with <source> the folder where you have install openerp. About the config file for starting openerp, you can get information on the tutorial of http://theopensourcerer.com on the install article

xiaolong97427
on 2/15/13, 10:10 AM

Hello For install OpenERP-7.0 in Ubuntu-12 is very similar to OpenERP-6.1: doc.openerp.com/v6.1/install/linux/server/index.html#installing-the-required-packages

Add this new depends apt-get install python-docutils apt-get install python-mock apt-get install python-unittest2 apt-get install python-jinja2-doc

Moises Lopez - vauxoo

Moise, question was about ubuntu 10.04 not 12.04.

Camptocamp SA
on 2/8/13, 6:17 PM

Thanks for the response but I asked about Ubuntu 10.04 and not Ubuntu 12. Ubuntu 10.04 using Python2.6 and it appears that 2.7 of higher is required to install the Unittest2 package which will not install on Ubuntu 10.04.

Chris Lynch
on 2/11/13, 6:01 AM

check out http://theopensoucerer.com

mamak111
on 2/11/13, 9:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/8/13, 12:52 PM
Seen: 4143 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM