Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install OpenERP 7.0 on Window 7

By
Goh Sin Yih
on 2/27/13, 10:05 AM 13,374 views

I am currently using Window 7 and would like to install the OpenERP 7.0. Can anyone show me an easy way to install it? I had downloaded the latest OpenERP 7.0 All-in-one installer but it did't work. I am wondering if I had missed out anything to make it works. Your help is very much appreciated.

I have installed it without any problems. If you already have installed PostgreSQL, the wizard does not allow the installation again, although it is a newer version. You then have to set the DB-Connection config manually.

Andreas Brueckl
on 2/27/13, 10:10 AM

Could you please show me how to set the DB-Connection config manually?

Goh Sin Yih
on 2/27/13, 11:22 AM

I had downloaded the installer and installed it on my computer. during the 1st startup on localhost:8069, it promt me to set up a database and I did so but it repeat to ask me again....

Goh Sin Yih
on 2/28/13, 10:56 AM

I have already installed postgresSQL and OpenERP, but when the browser starts shows the next message: Error response

Error code 501.

Message: Unsupported method ('GET'). Error code explanation: 501 = Server does not support this operation.

David
on 5/5/13, 12:14 AM

@Andreas Brueckl can you explain how to configure DB connection manually?

Gopakumar N G
on 11/11/13, 8:14 AM

In my installation the config file is located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130901-231054\Server\server\openerp-server.conf". The parameters starting with "db_" are relevant to the PostgreSQL connection

Andreas Brueckl
on 11/11/13, 8:27 AM

@Andreas Brueckl What should be added to that parameter value. I have tried installing OpenERP 7 on windows 8 and it shows 'Could not connect to server'.

Gopakumar N G
on 11/11/13, 8:29 AM

Until now I have not setup PostgreSQL and OpenERP for Windows 8. I do not know which PostgreSQL credentials are set up by the OpenERP installer. First I would check whether PostgreSQL is running ...

Andreas Brueckl
on 11/11/13, 8:41 AM
Harsh Dhaduk
On 3/26/14, 4:36 AM

The below link is AllInOne installation of OpenERP 7.0 for Windows platform. nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/exe/openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest.exe After install this setup open browser and type localhost:8069(or As you define port number) or check this steps for step by step in official site. doc.openerp.com/7.0/install/windows

Mantavya Gajjar (mga)
On 7/15/14, 12:37 AM

In order to downoad the installable files follow http://openerpbook.com/download/03/index.html and to install follow http://openerpbook.com/install/01/index.html a step by step guide.

Stevan Dragojevic
On 7/14/14, 9:22 AM

The all-in-one should download as an .exe which installs everything needed to run OpenERP. Perhaps something went wrong during the download. Try this link: http://nightly.openerp.com/7.0/nightly/exe/openerp-allinone-setup-7.0-latest.exe

Hi,

using Openerp in better way you should use vmware then install linux and use openerp.

u will get better performacne. some times windows producess services isuues. linux is recommaded to openerp

wilson zauma
On 3/25/14, 6:26 PM

This is easy. download the package ALLinOne, then install the posgresql by default, then install openerp. I use in windows seven and works for me.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 10:05 AM
Seen: 13374 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM