Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install OpenERP 6.1 near 7.0 ?

Yug Faa
on 5/20/13, 11:55 AM 749 views

Hi everybody,

I try to install both 6.1 and 7.0 versions of OpenERP on Ubuntu,

I have already OERP 7.0 installed

I get the .deb of OERP 6.1, and I extracted it

I have configured all, but it miss one argument in openerp-server.conf is server_path

I don't know what is its syntax, else is there a recommanded way to do this

Thank you

| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Python developer, big fan of sailing

On 5/20/13, 12:02 PM

In case you need to install OpenERP 7.0 and OpenERP 6.1 in the same server, I would suggest installing both servers in different Python environments with tools like virtualenv or oerpenv

Is there a tutorial to do this ?

Yug Faa
on 5/20/13, 12:47 PM

google for virtualenv, you will find examples on how to work with virtualenv

on 5/20/13, 12:50 PM
mihir shah
On 5/20/13, 12:10 PM

cd ~/openerp_stable/6.1/server-6.1 ./openerp-server --addons-path=../addons-6.1/ --db_user=merlin --db_password=admin

command to start 6.1 web server set path of addons accordingly

Not working because it calls web module on the 7.0 server, so my idea is to set server_path in openerp-server.conf, but how ?

Yug Faa
on 5/20/13, 12:46 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/20/13, 11:55 AM
Seen: 749 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM