Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to install OCA modules

By
Glen-Erik Cortes
on 4/12/15, 5:54 PM 2,669 views

Hi, I want to install some OCA modules as add ons and have a few questions. I tried the following:

1. Navigate to add ons folder (where all add ons are)

2. git clone https://github.com/OCA/carrier-delivery

This added the carrier-delivery folder to my addons folder, however it does not show up in my modules list after refreshing the list. What is travis CI? Do I need to do something special for those kinds of modules to work? Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere on how to install OCA modules with the travis CI structure?

And... should I be installing additional addons into another folder (not the Odoo/addons folder)? If so, how do I get Odoo to recognize this folder?

Thanks for your help!

Dieter Huelskamp
On 4/13/15, 4:52 PM

Did you activate developer modus in help about odoo? That should make appear something like update module list in the left menu within settings. After that you should be able to search for your newly added local module. 

W360S CORP
On 11/19/16, 10:46 PM

i have same problems after create new addon forlder, add to config file > clone Repositories from git > activate deb mode > update app list but only app from odoo app or other git Repositories work, but Repositories from OCA doesn't show up. did i did some thing wrong? any have experience plz help

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/12/15, 5:54 PM
Seen: 2669 times
Last updated: 11/19/16, 10:46 PM