Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I'd like to use an application that was developed as a custom OpenERP 7.0 module.
The module depends on standard OpenERP modules.
At this point, I ran the Windows installer and downloaded the custom module through Git, and am told to simply 1) install the custom module and 2) create a user account.
I have a few questions:
1. In addition to OpenERP and PostgreSQL, I assume the OpenERP 7 Windows installer took care of installing Python and configuring Windows so that modules will run without further tweaking. Is this correct?
2. On Windows, how do I install custom modules? I assume data live somewhere in C:\Users\john\AppData\Local, but I found no trace of "OpenERP".
3. Will installing a custom module automatically install other modules it depends on, including OpenERP standard modules?
Hi John Doe,
Coming to your questions,
1. As you are using windows, While installing OpenERP 7, the exe file will take care of all the python packages that are needed to run OpenERP. But still if you want additional packages, you have to install them manually.
2. In windows, you will be able to find the addons path as follows.C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0-20130613-231107\openerp\addons
In the mentioned path, paste the downloaded module and restart the services. In the application, Go to settings and click on update module list. After that you can find that module in the modules list.
3. Installing the custom module will install the modules whcih are present as depends in _openerp.py file of the custom module.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/25/15, 6:55 AM|
|Seen: 1055 times|
|Last updated: 5/25/15, 9:13 AM|