Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to input/import in and out information for attendance?

Franz Bautista
on 9/9/14, 11:06 PM 1,826 views

I went through the process of inputting attendance manually for an employee.

It takes a lot of time especially if you have lots of employees. Is there a  way

to import csv files for attendance for employees to avoid manual input?

I can understand inputting timesheets for scheduling work but not attendance

if you want to avoid tampering.

Miku Laitinen
On 9/10/14, 12:50 AM

It usually makes importing easier if you know the data structure. I always export data to CSV to see what kind of CSV import file should I create.

In this case, the data looks something like this (see better formatted version here):

id                                                       name                                 action        action_desc/id    employee_id/id
hr_attendance.attendance20    2014-09-10 12:34:00    Sign Out                                    hr.employee_fp
hr_attendance.attendance19    2014-09-10 07:10:00    Sign In                                       hr.employee_fp

So, now you can create a CSV file with mandatory fields name, action and employee_id/id. The trickiest one will be employee_id/id because you have to find out each employee's employee ID. You can do this by exporting the Employee names into a CSV file (the ID will be added automatically) and using it as a source for the attendance CSV. It might be easiest to use Excel/LibreOffice Calc/Google Spreadsheets and the VLOOKUP spreadsheet function for this.

Now you should have a CSV file with fields name, action and employee_id/id ready to be imported. Just click the "import" link next to the "Create" button and validate & import.

MIke, as a follow up. Is there a way to input total hours worked per day, week etc bypassing the attendance module altogether?

Franz Bautista
on 9/10/14, 2:21 AM

Timesheets would allow this, but timesheets and attendance are usually used for different things (see https://doc.odoo.com/6.1/el/book/4/4_11_HR/4_11_HR_timesheet/). Even so, nothing prevents you from using timesheets as an attendance tracker. You can input total hours per day in the timesheets.

Miku Laitinen
on 9/10/14, 2:51 AM

Miku, Thanks very much. If I do use timesheets as attendance tracker how do I relate it as applicable to payroll and/or bill to a client or clients?

Franz Bautista
on 9/10/14, 3:05 AM

Sorry, I haven't used timesheets & attendance enough to be able to answer that..

Miku Laitinen
on 9/11/14, 3:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/9/14, 11:06 PM
Seen: 1826 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM