Odoo Help

How to inherit message_new for sale.order

By
ValentinChemière
on 3/3/14, 12:59 PM 1,693 views

Hi everybody,

I want to inherit message_new method of sale.order Sale.order inherit from mail.thread (my.object -> sale.order -> mail.thread), so I was expected to simply add a method in my object which call a super(), but when I try to debug it, I never pass in my method.

There is a sample of my code:

class sale_order(osv.osv):
    _inherit = 'sale.order'

def message_new(self, cr, uid, msg_dict, custom_values=None, context=None):
    res = super(sale_order, self).message_new(cr, uid, msg_dict, custom_values, context)
    return res

I put it in a new module.

In mail_thread.py a comment says:

Inheriting classes are not required to implement any method, as the default implementation will work for any model. However it is common to override at least the message_new and message_update methods (calling super) to add model-specific behavior at creation and update of a thread when processing incoming emails.

What I did wrong? How I can modify the thread behavior, for example to modify the message "Document created"?

Thanks.

fussions
On 3/17/14, 8:33 AM

Are you sure, that your module loads? Since it uses multiple inheritance you should get error message saying that: '_name is mandatory in case of multiple inheritance'. Have you added Sale module to your dependencies?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/14, 12:59 PM
Seen: 1693 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM