Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to inherit message_new for sale.order

By
ValentinChemière
on 3/3/14, 12:59 PM 1,306 views

Hi everybody,

I want to inherit message_new method of sale.order Sale.order inherit from mail.thread (my.object -> sale.order -> mail.thread), so I was expected to simply add a method in my object which call a super(), but when I try to debug it, I never pass in my method.

There is a sample of my code:

class sale_order(osv.osv):
    _inherit = 'sale.order'

def message_new(self, cr, uid, msg_dict, custom_values=None, context=None):
    res = super(sale_order, self).message_new(cr, uid, msg_dict, custom_values, context)
    return res

I put it in a new module.

In mail_thread.py a comment says:

Inheriting classes are not required to implement any method, as the default implementation will work for any model. However it is common to override at least the message_new and message_update methods (calling super) to add model-specific behavior at creation and update of a thread when processing incoming emails.

What I did wrong? How I can modify the thread behavior, for example to modify the message "Document created"?

Thanks.

fussions
On 3/17/14, 8:33 AM

Are you sure, that your module loads? Since it uses multiple inheritance you should get error message saying that: '_name is mandatory in case of multiple inheritance'. Have you added Sale module to your dependencies?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/3/14, 12:59 PM
Seen: 1306 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM