Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to inherit a template without an id in Odoo?

By
Yulybaseball
on 1/12/15, 12:47 PM 1,077 views

Hi there:

I am trying to show the date a change was made in a task. To do this, I need to inherit the template of the widget "mail_thread". That template hasn't an id in its definition. This is it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<template>

<!--
        mail.Widget template used to namespace the css -->
    <t t-name="mail.Root">
        <div class="oe_mail">
        </div>
    </t>

<span t-att-title="widget.date">
                        <t t-if="widget.timerelative" t-esc="widget.timerelative"/>
                        <t t-if="!widget.timerelative" t-raw="widget.display_date"/>
                    </span>

</template>

In my module, I need to replace the <span> tag in order to show the date.

So, how to inherit that template and replace the <span> tag?

I don't think you really want to change anything about the widget - that will change the way dates are displayed everywhere the widget is used. Don't you want to change one of the project.task views?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 7/25/16, 5:27 PM
kkkkkkkkk
On 11/7/16, 2:20 AM

<t t-extend="base.template">

<t t-jquery="ul" t-operation="append">

<li>new element</li>

</t>

</t>

you can do something like this 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/15, 12:47 PM
Seen: 1077 times
Last updated: 11/7/16, 2:20 AM