Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to include paid supplier invoices in bank statement ?

By
mofel
on 3/7/14, 10:33 AM 1,587 views

Hello,

I'm trying to create a bank statement in openerp 7. Everything is ok but i can't include supplier invoices that we ever wrote as paid.

When i click on "Import payment lines", we can't find the payments for these supplier invoices.

Do you know how i can include these payments ?

Thanks Mike

Morgan Fellous
On 3/8/14, 9:54 AM

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your answser.

If i understand well what you tell, if we want to use bank statement: - I can't use the button "Pay" in the Supplier invoice ? - I can't use the menu "Supplier Payment" (or Customer Payments") ?

So i must create payments through bank statement and create everyday one bank statement to be able to follow the payments ? Am i right ?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, you are correct. But I forgot to mention that there are community modules that allow to do what you want to do.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/8/14, 11:05 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 3/8/14, 12:13 AM

You cannot create a bank statement from paid invoices (customer or supplier) in v7.

You are supposed to create statements directly from unpaid invoices. The process is going to create the payment AND the statement line at once. This mechanism is supposed to be used on a more frequent basis than monthly if you want to follow up with payments during the month. You would then create several statements (eg. daily) throughout the month. This mechanism also allows you to take care of balancing, invoice reconciliation, statement reconciliation, and statement verification (based on starting/ending balances) all at once and with only one data entry.

The limitation of this is if you get monthly statements from your bank, then the documents in OpenERP do not reflect the reality of the paper documents in the sense that you will have many small statements instead of one big monthly statement.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/14, 10:33 AM
Seen: 1587 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM