Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I would like to know if I have a list of products in version 7 in a csv file with the translations there, how can I import the product names and their translation at once?
The method below was supposted to work in the previous version:
Assuming the default language is different from Germen, for example english:
To import in english (without language definition) & german.
Does it work for v7?
I ended up importing/appending to the ir_translation table directly. All other methods failed for me in V7. This is how I work now:
- Installed PGAdmin to check tables, field names and item id's.
- Installed OpenOffice Base for the import to the ir_translation table. Connect to the database with JDBC driver (actually depends on your version of OpenOffice, Postgresql etc. Google it.)
Installed OpenOffice Calc to create and edit csv-files.
Do one translation within OpenERP.
- Check and copy the added records with PGAdmin, to see how it should be done.
- Edit/create your csv file in Calc. Then copy all rows you want to import.
- In Base right click(not open) the ir_translation table and select paste.
- Select append, and do not import the "id" column (= auto-number).
- Check the result with PGAdmin and in OpenERP.
Still hopefull there will be a real import module / possibility to make things easier...
I just accidentially found out another way to import product translations. I needed English and Finnish names and descriptions for the products, so here's what I did:
- Export the fields Name, Description of all products (external id is included by default)
- Translate the names and descriptions from Finnish to English in LibreOffice Calc
- Save the resulting table as a CSV (make sure the empty descriptions have quotes as well)
- Change the language of the Odoo Administrator to English
- Import the CSV to Odoo products
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 2/13/13, 5:30 AM|
|Seen: 4146 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|