This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I am creating all my product definitions by importing from a .csv file.

Many of the products i create, has variants that are common (i.e. coatings types on aluminum profiles) for product categories. I can create each variant on profile by following columns:

product_variant_ids/attribute_line_ids/attribute_id

product_variant_ids/attribute_line_ids/value_ids

Is there a way to import them also with the extra prices for each product variant? Or any other way besides importing?

Discard

You want to include the extra_prices of variants while importing?

Author

Yes, this is what i need to do while importing. Otherwise, takes to much time to edit extra prices for each product within odoo.

Author

@erastus, yes, users can also see products created by admin. So did you achieve to import extra prices while importing?

Best Answer

Dear Güney Çıngı,

As for version 8.0, you will NOT find the price_extra field in the import available fields.

As you can check in the product.py file, The price_extra is a COMPUTED field.

price_extra=fields.function(_get_price_extra, type='float', string='Variant Extra Price', help="This is the sum of the extra price of all attributes", digits_compute=dp.get_precision('Product Price')), 

A product template may have multiple product variants that have a combination of some attribute values. EACH single attribute value can have an extra price. The SUM of those extra prices for applicable product variant attributes, will be calculated as the price_extra.

Discard
Best Answer

I am learning this topic as well .  What I did is to select all the fields in the demo database and export that to a file.  I used that as an example.  This helped me to learn the process and also Mohamed Magdy helped me. The documentation re this is a little ifish ( if I may say)

If you import yours as admin can the users see that product?

Discard