This question has been flagged
2 Replies

When I try to import products from CSV, it says product_tmpl_id is mandatory ? But this field is populated after product is created. please let us know your solution.

Discard

Which version? I imported product recently on v7 and it did not forced me to set a producttmplid.

Author

OE Version 6

Note that the import_data method and UI has been redeveloped from scratch in v7.

Best Answer

For csv import, you shoud add all of the required fields to the csv file even you do not use them. You can keep them empty. XML ID fields are also required. If you are creating new records you have two option.

1. You can keep the xml id field empty as in the answer above and system will generate a new xml id with your next export (note that xml id is not generated untill export)
  2. You can define an XML id and fill the product_tmpl_id column with your values. System will create new products and add your defined xml id to the entries. (so you can use this defined XML ID value with your next csv update.) (I prefer this one)

Keep in mind that if you are defining your XML ids for products all IDs should be unique and product_id and product_tmpl_id cannot be the same even they are different models.

Discard
Best Answer

Make new column (without data) in your csv file: product_tmpl_id

C:\fakepathproduct_tmpl_id.png

Discard