This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to import Partner with one address, one contact Using one .csv file. Can any one suggest me how to do it? or can any one post a template for it?

Discard
Best Answer

If I understand your question correctly, you want to import a partner and that partner has 1 contact associated with it.

Example: Company X0, with contact X1 Company Y0, with contact Y1.

You need to know that both entries (company and contact) are in the same table cq object, and share most of the fields.

Solution (on openERP V7):

1. Create a line for the company
  2. create a line for the contact, and fill a column 'related company' with the name of the company. This will combine the contact with the company.

If needed I can provide you an example CSV-file, with the structure defined.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot for your reply... If I understand correctly, In your mentioned case we are creating .csv Files 2 times, (Or we are importing 2 times) 1. Create a Company record, 2. Create a Contact Record with company name.... My question was is there any way that I can only create only .CSV file to Import 1 Company(Partner) -> 1 Address -> 1 Contact,by doing only one time import.

Jacksj, you misunderstood me. You need to create 1 CSV-file, with multiple lines in it. Line 1 is the heading (best would be the name of the column), line 2 is the company, line 3 is the contact of that company, line 4 is another company, line 5 is the contact of company in line 4, and so on.

Author

Understand... Thanks for the detailed reply.