Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to import parameter to OpenERP?

By
Viktor Aditya
on 4/16/13, 2:12 AM 1,332 views

I tried to import configuration parameters from one file to another, but i got an error

"'NoneType' object is not callable"

what is that mean? i already defined the external id, company, resource, value and field. ex:

• external id = parameter4

• company = base.main_company

• name = Income Category Account

• resource = All product / Finished Goods

• type = many2one

• field = property_account_income_categ

• value = 411001 Product Sales

so, what causes this error?

Were you able to solve this on your own?

Martin
on 5/6/13, 11:36 PM

it seems that paramater can't be imported...

UNTAR, Viktor Aditya
on 5/7/13, 6:50 AM

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 5/7/13, 9:49 AM

NoneType is the symbol that the Python programming language uses to describe a field that has not been initialized or provided with any value at all. In this case, for some reason I do not yet understand, Python wants to run that field as part of the program.

I may be able to help you further but I need more information:

1. What do you mean when you say , "I tried to import configuration parameters from one file to another"? Were you importing into OpenERP?
  2. What did you previously export in order to get the data you show above?
  3. Where did it come from?
  4. Exactly which page in OpenERP are you at when you try to import?
  5. What does the server log file show at the time of the error?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/13, 2:12 AM
Seen: 1332 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM