Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to import messages

By
John Wk
on 12/3/13, 2:47 AM 1,564 views

Hello, I cant import messages (comments), when I am try to import field 'Contents', get error : 'NoneType' object is not callable. Anybody know how to fix it? Thanks

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 12/3/13, 11:22 PM

I just exported some messages.

Every one had either the HTML tag <P> or <DIV> starting the field, with a corresponding </P> and </DIV> as the last value in the field.

Do yours? Perhaps you can post a sample of what you are importing?

EDIT:

mail.message.csv

I was able to import the above CSV file of messages into build 26161 of v7 at http://7-0-26161.runbot.openerp.com/

You should try the same thing in the current version (accessed from http://runbot.openerp.com ). If it works, the problem is with your CSV. If it doesn't work, the problem is not with OpenERP.

Internet Explorer is not as reliable for importing as Chrome or Firefox - that could also be worth trying.

Hello, thanks, but all fields 'contents' has the tags, and also can't import. I decide my problem with direct import in database table. But if I can do this with standard import, is much easier.

John Wk
on 12/4/13, 9:15 AM

I am trying to import the export from messages without success

John Wk
on 12/4/13, 10:11 AM

See my EDIT above. Please post a sample of your file if you want more help from me.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/4/13, 3:27 PM

Hello, in your export file is missing field 'body', without this field import is ок, but I need to import 4000 comments ...

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/27732478/file.html

this is my цсж file, try to import it

John Wk
on 12/4/13, 4:12 PM

I get the same problem when I include contents. You should report this as a bug.

on 12/4/13, 6:45 PM

ок thank you.

John Wk
on 12/4/13, 10:01 PM

Suggested solution absolutely not perfectly working, Stuck by content/body field.

Zahin
on 12/8/13, 1:11 AM

Hello Zahin, i have only one way that work, and this is a direct import in to the database table - mail.messages.

John Wk
on 12/8/13, 7:27 AM

Or export lead ids and create new csv filled by resource id for messages model. Then able to import comments in messages model.

Zahin
on 12/9/13, 4:09 AM

I reported this as a bug today.

on 1/30/14, 4:10 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/3/13, 2:47 AM
Seen: 1564 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM