Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to import excel data into database?

By
Janaranjana
on 2/21/14, 2:20 AM 6,165 views

I have BOMs and product details list in excel sheets. Is it possible to import those data to openerp database?

Sam

a.schenkels
On 2/21/14, 2:35 AM

Hi Sam,

It's possible to import the files. You should save the files as .csv (Comma Seperated Value). First you need to allow import of records, this is done under -> Settings -> General

Then you are allowed to not only create records but also import records. You can choose your csv file and select the correct columns for your products / boms.

After this press validate and OpenERP checks if the import will succeed.

Regards, André Schenkels

Thanks for reply. I want to add list of materials in excel sheet to database. Can you give more details if possible. I don't know how to arrange data as want by database. Product | Category| On Hand| this is what i have in my excel sheet.

Janaranjana
on 2/23/14, 11:30 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/21/14, 2:20 AM
Seen: 6165 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM