Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to import .csv file to Opportunities without import to Leads

By
Jessie
on 8/22/13, 12:45 AM 2,609 views

HI all,

I imported the .csv file in Opportunities but it will display the data that I imported to Leads. I need to straight away import the data to Opportunities not Leads, may i know where can I modify the code? Can anyone give me the clear instructions or guidelines?

Many thanks.

Regards, Jessie

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 8/22/13, 2:15 AM

In your import file, add a column with the title type, and make all the rows opportunity.

hi, i added a column and put it as opportunity, then choose Type as this new column and import it. Then come out with this error -> "uncaught exception: event import inappropriate in current state imported"

Jessie
on 8/22/13, 2:42 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/22/13, 1:08 AM

the field type determines if what you import is a lead or an opportunity.

See the source code:

'type':fields.selection([ ('lead','Lead'), ('opportunity','Opportunity'),],'Type', 
             help="Type is used to separate Leads and Opportunities")

from http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/view/head:/crm/crm_lead.py#L267

_defaults = {
             'type': 'lead',
            }

from http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/7.0/view/head:/crm/crm_lead.py#L317

May I know where is the file located? I install the OpenERP All-In-One Installation for windows.

Jessie
on 8/22/13, 1:42 AM

/addons/crm/crm_lead.py or /server/openerp/addons/crm/crm_lead.py - I don't work with OpenERP on Windows.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/22/13, 1:49 AM

Ok, I found it, same path (/server/openerp/addons/crm/crm_lead.py). Many thanks.

Jessie
on 8/22/13, 1:57 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/22/13, 12:45 AM
Seen: 2609 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM