This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I have three probably very basic questions and I hope that you can help me. I'm not very familiar with Open ERP and just start to learn everything.

1. question: I have around 13000 adresses as a CSV file and I try to import them into the CRM System. I know that I can click under "Customer" on "Import", but I can't import all the information I need to, because there is a column with a name "source" for example. I can't find a column name in the already given options. So I thought I could enter a new column name somehow, so I can import my column "source". But how? How can I adjust and customize the column headlines, so I can import all necessary information?

2. question: How can I find duplicate adresses in my CRM System?

3. question: Where can I find some information material for Open ERP 7? I just found e-books for the older versions.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Discard
Best Answer

I suggest you to use "OpenERPLib" rather than "Export / Import" feature of OpenERP. OpenerpLib is nothing but a python library to communicate with an OpenERP Server using its web services.

just google it - "download openerp lib". (Sorry i can not post the link here because my karma is insufficient to publish links)

It's very easy to learn and use. Still if u stuck somewhere then let me know...

Discard
Author

Thank you very much, I will try it and let you know if it works :)

Best Answer
  1. Create a test database with demo data, export the customer information to a CSV file, then import the CSV file again, in order to learn how the import process works. You will need to play with the system in order to understand the import process

2. You will have to do that with a SQL query. You can run a query like

select city,street,count(*) as quantity from res_partner group by city,street having quantity > 1;

the query above should list the duplicate addresses

1. The e-books are valid for older versions as well as version 7.0. Logic did not change, what changed was the web client and how addresses and contacts are stored.
Discard
Author

Ok, thank you as well! It's really difficult to understand everything without help :) I'll try my best!