Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to import a .dump file

By
Pascal Baudont
on 12/20/13, 4:57 AM 1,710 views

Hello I have a .dump file . It's a backup from a french study case. How can I import this file ? Thakn

Where did you do the backup from. Web client or PostgreSQL? If it is web all you have to do to load this backup as a new database is click restore and browse to the location of the dump file select it, and give it a new name then click restore. If you did it via the sql database, then log in to postgresql and click restore under edit (It think) fill the name and the other parameters and locate the dump file and click ok. I both scenarios, you will need admin rights. Hope that works

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 5:04 AM

It's a web client for teh education program. i can't find "restore" anywhere. I can create or duplicate only

Institut Universitaire et Technologique de Vannes, Pascal Baudont
on 12/20/13, 5:07 AM

Are you running it from your machine or on erp cloud? Plus Explorer is not the right browser for openERP

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 5:19 AM

erp cloud with Chrome !

Institut Universitaire et Technologique de Vannes, Pascal Baudont
on 12/20/13, 5:20 AM

I think that is the problem. would advise to download OpenERP on your machine directly to have more control over it.

kaynis
on 12/20/13, 5:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/20/13, 4:57 AM
Seen: 1710 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM