Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Im looking how effectively, I can use openERP for my business which has the following scenario
- Customer walks-in and place an order for wedding card delivery
- After confirmation of order(receipt of advance), the card goes from Procurement -> design -> Printing -> delivery state
- Once it reaches delivery state, its ready for packing and shipment
- On receiving the payment, the cards are delivered.
I need know how this process can be recorded in OpenERP v7.
Different approaches possible, depending on the details of your process. If I take the following hypothesis:
- Inventory management is not important for you
- Every wedding card batch is different
- You want to manage discussions, mockups, design documents on every job
One solution, the easieast one:
- Install the modules mrp_jit, project, sale
- Create a Project 'Wedding Cards Printing' with the following stages Procurements, Design, Printing, Delivery
- Create a product 'Wedding Card' with:
Make to Order,
Then, you should be able to perform the following process:
- Create a quotation for 50 Wedding Cards
- You get a task automatically in the Procurement stage of the project
- People responsible for the service manage the project
- When the task is closed (delivery), the Sale Order becomes automatically
One other solution would be to use the inventory management system and define chained locations: Design, Printing, Delivery...
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/6/13, 11:14 AM|
|Seen: 2531 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|