Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to implement custom version of "Duplicate" for products ?

By
Sody
on 3/4/15, 9:41 AM 424 views

Hi,

I would like to implement custom version of "Duplicate" function for product. In my case, I will not only duplicate existing product, but also duplicate his BOM together with work plan. Could somebody give advice how to do it ?

Any help will be appreciated

Great question, Sody, my fellow Odoo enthusiast. I know that the question was asked just recently and I don't want to appear impatient but has anyone found a solution yet?

Heino
on 3/7/16, 6:11 AM

How about override copy method and implement your changes?

Danimar Ribeiro
on 3/7/16, 9:20 AM
Max, Odoo & Odette
On 4/5/16, 7:33 AM

Hi Sody,

what we usually do in cases like these is debugging the process first. That takes a few hours but it's very interesting and you learn to appreciate the magic of the Odoo experts. They are true artists. Then we override the original function, make a call to the parent function and add our new logic. Usually we then debug for another few hours to fix the newly added errors.

Does that help? We are still in school but we started with Odoo because it is so much fun!!!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/15, 9:41 AM
Seen: 424 times
Last updated: 4/5/16, 7:33 AM