Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to identify profit or loss in Profit and Loss report under financial report ?

By
Muhammed Rafeeq
on 5/17/13, 4:14 AM 3,943 views

Hi,

Regarding Accounting > Reporting > Legal Reports > Accounting Reports > Profit And Loss, if i click on the Profit and Loss Report it will shows a wizard to give some credentials, after that it will printout as a pdf format. In that pdf i can view the income and expense details, i wish to see is a Profit or Loss with an accurate amount.

For eg: Profit : 10000 INR / Loss 5000 INR like that.

Can i do something like that. I have surfed about this thing and i got little idea but its not fulfilled, ie you can give the Financial Reports Hierarchy or Reserved things like that. So please give me suitable and valuable answer with an example. If it can using hierarchy please explain with some hierarchy example....

hello,you have found the solution.?

imad
on 3/2/15, 6:25 PM
JP
On 5/26/14, 8:24 AM

I close period. but there are no centralization of debits and credits in *Profit and Loss account*(i'm using a brazilian chart of accounts). Where is the mistake? ( i'm suspecting of account type setting)

Pascal Tremblay

--Pascal Tremblay--
| 5 2 7
Alma, Canada
--Pascal Tremblay--

Pascal Tremblay
On 2/4/15, 12:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsHEYcYn4fY

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
VIROFLAY, France
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 5/17/13, 4:57 AM

The accounting profit or loss for a period results from the balance between all credits (sales etc) and all debits (expenses etc) shown by the Profit & Loss report.

When you "close" the accounting period the net balance of credits and debits is transferred/recorded/posted to the Profit and Loss account - the information you are looking for -.

If you do not close the period, such accounting record is not posted; thus you need to calculate it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/13, 4:14 AM
Seen: 3943 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM