This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

My Odoo saas subscription has just been upgraded to V8.0.

Nevertheless, when I restore a backup locally on a V8.0 server, it fails. How can I know which version (Saas-4 ? Saas-5 ? other ?) I have to setup locally to play with a copy of my data ?

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

First of all, Odoo is bound by their own license to provide you with a free copy of the software.  However they have not yet made a branch of Saas-6 which will be what you probably have installed.

What do you get when you login and from the top right corner click on your login name then select about Odoo?

If you are under contract with odoo I would recommend that you request a copy of your data that is 8.0 compatiable so that you can upgrade to 9.0 in the future.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you Stephen

<I cannot comment because I'd need karma to do it, so I add another answer here.>

The saas indicates Version 8.0 (and we know it is not the official 8.0), and I see no possibility to choose a compatibility level of the database. Thus my question.

The database is partially compatible with a V8 server, but --update option shows it won't evolve with V8 revisions.

Discard

Well the best I can suggest is that if you are using odoo saas and were upgraded to 8.0, that suggest that you have odoo support. I would contact them and either ask for the software or a compatible database. If you plan on dropping support from odoo the best option is to get a compatible database. With that you have more options in the future to upgrade to 9.0 Odoo support is at: online@openerp.com