Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to host Multiple site in single server

By
sarkar
on 3/4/16, 2:24 AM 1,030 views

How to host multiple site on single dedicated server 

i have try with nigix but i can't success 

and with apache i have no more idea for hosting site with port number

Please provide information, if you would like to get answers. Odoo version, OS, your setup (single database, multiple databases) etc.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/4/16, 2:49 AM

i have use dedicated server with 8 gb ram and at that time i can run my multiple odoo instance with ip address with different port number but i want all different port with domain name like 127.0.0.1:8069 --> xyz.com 127.0.0.1:8080 --> abc.com with database filter and different instance

sarkar
on 3/4/16, 2:52 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/4/16, 3:47 AM

You have several deployment options:

- 1 server, multiple Odoo instances on different ports, single database per instance, single domain per instance

- 1 server, 1 Odoo instance, multiple databases, 1 domain per database

with Odoo 9.0 even one option more:

- 1 server, 1 Odoo instance, 1 database, multiple domains/websites

Here is a very good tutorial about deploying these options using nginx or Apache: http://antiun.github.io/odoo-reverse-proxy-howto/#slide-0

All this thing i tired but i didn't get proper solution if any kind of configuration file if you have then please give me example

sarkar
on 3/4/16, 4:27 AM

Unfortunately it is not that easy. What works for me does not necessarly work for you, it works only in my particular environment. You first have to define the goals you want to achieve and decide on how to deploy your Odoo environment in order to achieve these goals. Then you can start to ask specific questions. Just to say you have tried everything and nothing did work is not enough to give you particular help. It took me several months to find the way I have set it up for my particular use case.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/4/16, 4:56 AM

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 3/4/16, 9:28 AM

See this answer as an example of how to link you subdomains or domains to different ports using nginx upstreams, that question is for v7 and v8 but is the same just match to the different ports for the needed instance:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/ayuda-1/question/nginx-with-2-odoo-instances-v7-and-v8-88352#answer_88354

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/16, 2:24 AM
Seen: 1030 times
Last updated: 3/4/16, 9:28 AM